I explained the main reason I moved my books from the traditional book-selling model to a faith-based ministry on my previous website. But since there are new readers unaware of that reason, I thought it might be helpful to give them access to this post.
The Reason I Write
Let me preface my explanation by saying that my heart’s desire is to honor the Lord with the gift of writing He has given me.
How I pray He will use my humble (and often clumsy) attempts at writing to make Him known. Based on reader reviews and personal correspondence, I believe He has.
If just one person’s heart is moved toward the Lord as a result of reading the stories, Bible studies, and devotionals I write, then the hard work is more than worth it.
The Reason I Moved My Books From the Traditional Book-Selling Model
During the 2016 presidential race I sensed our country had changed drastically. Yes, the normal mud-slinging still existed. But somehow along the way, a civil war of ideologies divided our nation.
During that time, I woke up to the fact that many of the companies I supported with my shopping habits used their profits to fund agendas which were spiritually detrimental to people.
That prompted me to change my shopping habits.
But the very places that sold my books were among the worst offenders.
It was a wake-up call like no other.
But it also created a huge dilemma.
The Reason For My Dilemma and My Decision
It ripped at my heart that these online book stores were making a profit off my stories and then using those profits to fund ungodly agendas.
How could I write Christian books and then turn a blind eye to what was happening?
So I moved my books to free status and asked for donations instead.
So What Happened Next?
I’d be lying if I said the decision to move from the traditional book-selling method to a faith-based ministry was easy.
Since then my writing income has dropped considerably.
To make ends meet, I let go of my expensive website and built this free website instead. I now send out subscriber emails in batches rather than pay for the service which sent those emails all at once. And that’s really just scratching the surface.
In spite of what I’ve had to do without, I have absolute peace about the decision. The Lord is faithful to provide. I may not have everything I want, but I have above and beyond what I need in Him.
Continuing The Work
Some readers have asked if I will continue to write books. My answer is the same as it has always been: “Yes, as the Lord wills.” I honestly have more story ideas than I will ever be able to complete in my lifetime.
But I also need to be contributing to my family’s living expenses. That is why I have gone back into public school teaching.
This could mean the books don’t come out as frequently as they once did. But even in this I trust our sovereign God has all things under His control.
Ways to Support This Writing Ministry
Honestly, this type of support means more to me than any other. Here is a list of specific ways you can pray for my writing ministry:
- Pray that the Lord will continue to give me the time and ability to write stories for Him and about Him.
- Pray that the books will land in the hands of those who need them — both believers and unbelievers alike.
- Pray that the stories will both lead people to the Lord and closer to the Lord, bringing about a harvest of changed lives for Jesus and His kingdom.
- It’s been my experience that any time a person sincerely steps out in faith to serve the Lord, our adversary won’t be far behind trying to destroy. Please pray that Satan won’t be allowed a foothold and that the Lord will protect this ministry.
Share the Books With Others
In the digital age in which we live, you can share the books with others by so many avenues. Here are a few examples:
- Leave reviews at the sites where you downloaded the books.
- Share the books via word-of-mouth.
- Let others know where they can get the books.
- Share the books on your social media channels.
- Ask your church or public library to purchase the books. I can give discounts when individuals or libraries purchase the entire set.
Financial support — no matter the amount — is greatly appreciated.
To make an online donation, use the following link. You will be directed to a secure site, EverButton.
| DONATE ONLINE |
If you prefer to make a donation via check or money order, you can send your donation to:
| Cathy Bryant ~ P. O. Box 275 ~ Bangs, TX 76823 |
Thank you for your support of this writing ministry. All you do –whether through prayer, share, and/or financial support — means so much. May the Lord bless you greatly!